Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Momment With The Greatest, Muhammad Ali!




Reflections That Will Never Die!


He Floated like a Butterfly and stung like a bee! Yet, the only childhood happiness I ever had
Died, as my Wife Anita, we're watching the breaking news over The BBC.
In the 60's I would put my parents beds together, and slap box
with my older siblings. And of course I proclaimed, that I was the Greatest!
When I started to be involved with Summer Time Sports at a program,
I spoke to one of the supervisors, almost quoating, what The Champ,
Said before The fight and after against Sonny Liston. Needless to say, I was suspended 
for that Summer.
When The Greatest was stripped of his tittle, for not going to the Vietnam War,
The Champ brought a Momment of insight of This War, to the World!
Yet, it was in the early 90's, in upstate New York, when promoting musical events,
that I heard , The Greatest was to be inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame.
I to this day , cannot drive. So, I stook out my thumb and in one ride, got
To the doorstep! As I arrived there was a sea of fans around The Champ, yet
A opening would part , like waves opening up, I embraced This Man, This
Champion. I cried as I hugged him, and I have always felt his hug, to this
Present Moment
We as a World gained so much, from this One Champ! Yet, in my past there has, only been
A few people that have made an impact on me. And the Greatest was one of these people.
He was not just a Boxer, Yet one cannot categorize This Man. He was Of Royalty, He is
The Greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment