Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bryant Hewitt , The Covering of Love.

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins First Peter 4:8 “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” My children and grandchildren sin and will sin again but no amount of sins will ever stop me from loving them. My friends have sometimes sinned against me too but to display my love for them, I am willing to forgive them, whether they ask my forgiveness or not. Since we are all sinners, I can not cast the first stone and many times I have caught them in a sin but never mention it to anyone else. Love does not gossip and when see others sin and don’t tell other people, we are covering for them. The exception is that if it hurst the church…like gossip. If they acknowledge their sin, repent of it, and confess it, then it is covered by God and so why would I gossip to others to say, “Hey, did you hear about so and so and what he/she did?” Jesus death on the cross, and the love displayed in that action, covers all of our sins (2 Cor 5:21). Proverbs 17:9 says much the same thing as the author writes, “Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends” and that “love covers over all wrongs” (Prov 10:12b).

No comments:

Post a Comment